What is Access?
Access is a database management system that is a member of the Microsoft Office suite of applications. It combines a relational database engine with a graphical user interface and software development tools.
Access stores the data in tables based on its own format, but it can also import from or link to data stored in other formats or databases.
Access users can easily create database applications due to its graphical interface, and power users can develop software applications due to its powerful Macro and Visual Basic for Applications programming languages.
When do I need Access?
Some scenarios where you might need to use Access are as follows:
- When you want to manage your product inventory, track customer order details, and produce customer invoices with ease.
- When you want to collect contact information from a large group of attendees in a meeting or conference.
- When you want to share your data with multiple colleagues.
- When you want to perform your routine tasks in a more efficient manner.
- UtterAccess Discussion Forums
- Crystal's Access Basics
- Arvin's Database Samples
- Leigh's Access Examples
- Bob's Quick Tutorials
- Allen Browne's Tips
- The Access Web
- Access Ribbons
- Access User Group of San Diego
- RPT Software
- CRM Access Templates
- Data Dynamics NW
- KNK Consulting
- CARDA Consultants Inc.
- J Street Technology
- FMS Inc.
- Access Hosting
- Cimaware (AccessFIX)